Donna Harlow Moraff is a prize-winning member of art leagues and groups on Long Island, her work has been accepted for exhibition at numerous venues. She is a Signature Member of the Pastel Society of America and President/Coordinator of the prestigious Long Island Professional Artists Showcase which produces the wildly popular Seven & Seven shows. In addition to her ongoing ‘Everything In Pastel’ class at the Art League of Long Island, Donna is frequently invited to demonstrate her technique and conduct special workshops at various art organizations and schools. She has acted as Artist In Residence at the Garden City High School and Middle School. Recently, Donna was featured in a four page Newsday article. Her work was selected for the Bellport Village calendars and her work, Fishes, has been reproduced as a colorful and welcoming mural in the Village.
We are very excited and proud to announce that Donna will be conducting two day pastel workshops (one each month) at the gorgeous Bayard Cutting Arboretum starting in April 2020. This is the class you have been looking for!
Donna is an enthusiastic and knowledgeable instructor. There will be a strong emphasis on composition, color and “learning to see.” Work from photos and direct observation. All levels are welcome.
- 4-5 full sheets (19×25) of Canson MiTeintes Pastel Paper. (Any of the following colors–Sand, Felt Gray, Steel Gray, Dark Ivy, Sepia.)
- Masonite Backing Board (large size) with Clips Attached
- Soft Vine or Willow Charcoal
- 96 Stick Set of Prismacolor NuPastels*
- Small, 5×7” piece of Chamois** or soft cloth
- Notepad and Pencil for taking notes
- 2-3 Large Bulldog Clips (get these in Staples office stores)
- Strong Large tote to carry all your toys
* This is the preferred full set but you can use whatever pastels you have.
**Available in art stores
Donna Moraff’s Portfolio