A Photography Permit is required for all types of posed and/or professional photography. This includes, but not limited to family, engagement, sweet 16’s, and wedding photographs.
- The 2023 Application must be completed no later than 1 week prior to the requested date
- Photography is permitted outdoors only. Permits are rain or shine.
- The fee for a photography permit is $250 for 1.5 hours. The first session starts at 11:00 AM and the last session will start at 2:00 PM.
- Sessions are given out on a first come first serve basis with no guarantee that the requested session will be available at the time of application.
- Permits may be limited on holidays and holiday weekends, or when other special events are scheduled in the park which may impact facility use.
- On the permit date, all cars and limousines must pay an $8 Vehicle Use Fee (VUF) when entering the Arboretum. The photography permit does NOT include the $8 VUF fee for the arboretum. (Only 2 limos per group please)
- Buses require an additional permit fee of $75. Download Bus Permit Application here.
All vehicles must park in the Visitor’s Parking Lot. Parking is not permitted on the grass or alongside any roads within the arboretum.
- The permittee may not obstruct or interfere with the free flow of pedestrians or vehicular traffic nor may they interfere with the use of the premises for arboretum and recreation purposes to the public. In addition, because we are a public garden, there can be no reservation of a particular area.
- There are no helium balloons, confetti, rice, rose petals, alcohol, or doves allowed on arboretum grounds.
- The permit must be carried out by the permittee and be available upon request by Park Police or arboretum employees.
- No Drones
Because of limited parking on special holidays and during special events, we cannot issue Photography/Ceremony Permits on the following dates:
- April 17th (Easter)
- April 29th (Arbor Day)
- May 7th (I Love My Park Day)
- May 8th (Mother’s Day)
- May 30th (Memorial Day)
- June 4th & 5th (BCAHS Plant Sale)
- June 25th (Annual Fundraiser) (TBD)
- July 4th ( Independence Day)
- July 17th (Summer Concert Series) (TBD)
- July 24th (Summer Concert Series) (TBD)
- August 7th (Summer Concert Series) (TBD)
- August 9th (Summer Concert Series) (TBD)
- August 14th (Summer Concert Series) (TBD)
- August 21st (Summer Concert Series) (TBD)
- August 28th (Summer Concert Series) (TBD)
- September 5th (Labor Day)
- October 23rd (Suffolk County Marathon)
- November 11th (Veterans Day)
Outdoor Micro Wedding Ceremonies
Wedding ceremonies on the grounds of Bayard Cutting Arboretum may only be held outdoors and require a Park Use Permit. The permit can be obtained at the Bayard Cutting Arboretum’s Park Office or Long Island State Park Headquarters Permit Office (located at 625 Belmont Avenue in West Babylon – Southern State Parkway Exit 37N).
- The fee for a wedding permit is $450.
- The wedding ceremony must take place during normal arboretum open hours.
- Restrictions are no chairs, decorations, or obstructions of any type.
- Capacity is limited to 20 people.
- Indoor ceremonies or photographs are not permitted.
If you have any questions or for more information please contact the Arboretum office at 1-631-581-1002.